Cemetery Rules Regulations and Fees from 1 April 2019
- Double – £509.00
- Single – £305.00
- Cremated Remains – £153.00
- Re-open – £153.00
- Child age up to 16 years – No charge
- Memorial Fees – £76.00
- Search fee – £25.00
The above burial and memorial fees to be applicable to those who were residents of the parish at the time of death and include those former residents in residential nursing care homes. For non-residents (ie. those living outside of the parish area), the costs to be doubled.
Memorial Permitted Dimensions
- Kerb surrounds are no longer permitted in West Rainton Cemetery.
- Memorial headstones must not exceed 36 ins. height x 34 ins. width.
- Headstone base must not exceed beyond the maximum dimensions of any decorative surround (as defined above).
- Cremated remains: Decorative surround must not exceed 18 ins. x 18 ins.; memorial headstones must not exceed 18 ins. height.
- Memorials should be of commercial quality and be laid to professional standards.
- The Parish Council reserve the right to make alterations if these standards are breached.
- Prior to erection of headstones permission must be obtained from the Parish Council to ensure conformity to the laid down standards and dimensions.
- Memorial headstones must be in alignment with others in the row.
Important: The owner of the burial plot is responsible for the upkeep of the grave, memorial headstone and, where historically in situ, the surround. The grave owner is generally liable in case of injuries suffered by a third party as a result of poor maintenance. (Eg. falling or leaning headstones).
Mobile: 07900 800 540